Monday, November 3, 2008

costumes, candy apples, cakes, cookies, crazy bowling, and phase 10?






I can't believe it's November already! It's still hot as Haites over here but at least last night we were graced with a thunder/lightning storm with rain! :) It was definitely a blessing as I woke up this morning and my allergies were a lot better than what they had been.



So let me just also say that I am so stinking blessed to have Mrs. Hoekstra as my academic advisor. I hadn't been doing too hot in school.. mostly from embarassment from being so behind academically. I mean when you don't know the difference between an epistle/apostle/disciple then you know something is a little off for you -- especially when you are of a reformed denomination. So she has been helping me stay motivated and we decided to meet weekly to just help keep me accountable. I'll admit... it's not particularly what I WANT to do, but I can assure you that it will help. I just need to accept the grace and try hard to not let her, my other teachers or myself down. I really want to succeed and she is defintely paving the way with God as our leader.



Halloween...err Reformation Day wasn't quite what I expected. Halloween eve was actually funner. We had a pumpkin carving/caramel apple making party. Deb and I took initiative and ran the caramel apple table the whole night.. Deb never ceased to remind people the proper instructions on how to make the perfect apple. :) It was a good night.


Halloween was okay as well... However, the night was mainly geared toward the professor's kids. I got to hold Dr. Mac's lil boy Canon.. He was an adorable Lion. He's about 2 now and I wish I would have taken a picture but I have no camera. We became friends that night. That precious moment and Deb and I's costumes combined made the night not quite a total waste. Deb wore all black and pinned random socks and laundry sheets to herself and she went as static cling. I wore a baby blue sweatsuit with cotton balls glued in strateguc spots. I carried a water bottle and was "partly cloudy with a chance of showers". Our costumes were voted most creative... and super cheap!

Last night we started Kellie's birthday bash. We went bowling for two hours which was extremely fun. Deb and I bonded by making fun of couples who strain themselves to be close but also want to maintain the image of having a Godly relationship. Also, I learned that in bowling you want a high score... It is defintely not like golf (right guys?). I can't say I won any games... in fact I can't say I had any skill. I managed to get not one but TWO bowling balls stuck in the gutter of the right hand side. It was embarassing but a night we wont forget none the less. We then proceeded to go to "Bleekers" house for some good conversation, cookies, cakes, and a game of phase 10 (which I sucked at as well btw). It was a fun night


So I have been reading this book Twilight. I strongly recommend it, however, if you are a young adult I'm going to warn you that you will turn to a pile of mush whenever the name Edward is mentioned. Tickets go on sale tomorrow (actually today) and I am so stoked! I think this quite possibly could be my favorite book series. :)

I should get some sleep! I will update more later

No comments: