Saturday, October 18, 2008

This Has Been One Heck of a Weekend

It's parent's weekend! Well, actually, the craziness started on Friday. It's so fun to have parent's everywhere, peers showing off what they have accomplished (or maybe haven't) all around, so many smiles... And yet there I was in the cafe or in class the weekend. My parent's unfortunately weren't able to come and neither was my best friend. This weekend is great, as long as you have family or friend's visiting. If you are like me, and have no one to share this weekend with and you work in the cafe, it's miserable. It was nice sharing the misery with Deb and Veeps however... They could all relate. This weekend just made life a little depressing here and all of us "loners" agree that we are counting down until Thanksgiving break. I know I certainly am. On Friday I got a nice letter from my "little sister". It was exactly what I needed. She made me laugh and want to cry... It was just a little taste of home. I also got the cutest homemade card from my mom. She has a myspace now and that makes it a lot easier to talk with her... and I got her hooked on card making. =)
It's now 11:35 p.m. I'm just so tired physically but mentally, my brain is going HAYWIRE!!! I can't even think about sleeping right now. I have worked two shifts a day all weekend and basically, tomorrow (my day of "rest") is looking to be the same. I just need a break from life. Each day I just can't help but look forward to NOT coming back. The people here are great, don't get me wrong. It's just the academics aren't my thing... I'm not getting it at all. Even though I try so very hard to... It's not happening. This evening at dinner I had a conversation with another student here about some theology... Totally got knocked to my knees. I just feel like so many people here have the wrong mentality about Christ and what it means to take up your cross for Him. I just feel that they definitely have the accountability part down to a T, but the grace being extended out is a little lacking. I feel like the rebel girl and that I'm constantly judged. I don't know what Reformed means exactly... but I know that how I feel about it is probably not the way God intended his children to be like
It's just stressful. Keep the prayers up... only one month til Thanksgiving. I'm going to scream...

No comments: